If you use a CPAP machine to help improve your quality of sleep, you know how important it is to clean it, at least every now and then (hopefully a bit more frequently than that, but let’s be realistic, we are all busy)... That’s where finding the best cpap cleaner comes in - in this review we are going to cover some of the best products for cleaning your cpap machine, highlighting the best cpap sanitizers as well as presenting a review of the soclean2 machine. So let’s get started.
What is the Best Way to Clean Your CPAP Mask?
The best way to clean your cpap mask seems to involve a few steps.
It’s recommended to use a cpap cleaning machine for daily sterilization, and then use cpap cleaning wipes to wipe off the mask itself. It’s important to do this every day, as oils and dead skin cells get transferred from your face to the mask during the night, when you’re sleeping.
Giving the mask a quick wipe in the morning helps prevent this.
Best Cpap Cleaning Wipes
The best cpap mask wipes that we have found are these, made by RespLabs. They come in a 90 count container with a hole in the top, so it’s easy to just pull out a wipe whenever you need to clean your cpap mask.
Some customers noted that wiping off their mask every morning helped make the airtight seal between the mask and your face better.
Best Soap to Clean CPAP Mask
Best Soap to Clean CPAP Mask: Control III Concentrate Disinfectant
The best soap to clean your cpap mask is in fact not really a ‘soap’. Rather it’s a germicide, used for sterilizing a variety of things, including the tubing and mask section of your cpap machine.
Where many thinks that the best soap for cleaning your cpap machine is dishwashing detergent, the Control III Concentrate Disinfectant helps sterilize a bit more than your regular soap, making it suitable for when you really want to get your cpap mask super clean.
How to Eliminate the Chemical Smell
Some buyers noted that the Control III left a chemical smell behind. It should be possible to circumvent this by following a few simple steps;
1. First of all, follow the instructions in terms of the ratio of water to disinfectant - don’t make it too strong.
2. Clean your mask and hose in the morning, and then let it air out after use, until it’s completely dry.
3. Run the CPAP machine for a few hours, to further air out the hose and mask after cleaning.
This often is enough to ensure that there are no unpleasant smells leftover, once it’s time to sleep.
Best way to clean cpap mask using Control III
1. Use the disinfectant mentioned above.
2. Mix up a solution (according to the directions on the packaging), and submerge the hose of your cpap machine in it.
3. Leave it to soak for about 30minutes and rinse it off.
4. The solution you made can be kept and reused multiple times, just keep it in an airtight container until next time you need to use it.
It’s recommended that you clean your cpap machine like this once every week.
Best Cpap Cleaning Machine, Soclean2 Review
Best Cpap Cleaning Machine: Soclean2
One of the best cpap cleaning machines currently on the market is the SoClean2. This cpap cleaning machine comes in several different varieties, which each target a specific cpap machine, so make sure you get the one that fits your cpap machine.
How does the Soclean2 work?
1. Place your mask and hose into the sterilizer in the morning
2. Soclean2 does its thing during the day
3. Your mask ready to use in the evening, when it’s time to sleep.
The Soclean 2 is popular because it makes cleaning your cpap machine less of a hassle, yet it provides you with the comfort of knowing that your cpap has been cleaned.
So, in summary; combining all of the above steps will without a doubt help you set up a super effective cpap sanitizer system; wetwipes for wiping away skin cells, SoClean2 for daily disinfection, and the Control III disinfectant ‘bath’ for a more thorough weekly cleaning.
Although it seems like a lot of work, it’s definitely worth it, since it will help prevent respiratory issues and other types of discomfort, caused by unclean cpap equipment.